01 Apr Pesach Brisket Recipe
Posted at 17:38h in Seed Online - Foodies
- 1 (3–4 pound) second cut brisket
- 1 tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp. imitation (Pesach) mustard
- ½–1 cup ketchup, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine all ingredients except for the brisket in a 4-quart saucepan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place brisket into a roasting pan; pour sauce over meat in pan. Cover and seal pan tightly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200° F. Bake overnight or at least 6 hours. Remove pan from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. Wearing disposable gloves if desired, remove fat from meat and discard.
- Use two forks to shred the meat. Rewarm in sauce.
- For a great variation of this recipe, make crepes and fill with pulled brisket.
Yields: 6–8 servingsPesach Brisket recipe (1)